Next-Generation Vaccine Storage
- Maintains stable, user-independent 2-8°C storage temperature with 5-day holdover in worst-case conditions.
- Robustly protects against effects of voltage fluctuations while operating within a wide range of power grid conditions.
- Integrated monitoring and 30 DTR display, logs performance and environmental data with optional remote reporting and alerts.
|Ambient Operating Temperature||10~43°C|
|Input Voltage Range||80~290V|
|Holdover Time without power at constant 43°C ambient temperature at constant 25°C ambient||
5 days (120 hours)
8 days (192 hours)
*Aucma CFD-50 is the first WHO PQS prequalified (E003/079) MetaFridge product
MetaFridge Provides Reliable Cold Storage in Unreliable Power Conditions
- Maintains vaccines at a stable 2-8°C temperature using patented ColdSafe Technology.
- Allows 5 days of holdover at 43°C ambient temperature.
- Can operate continuously on less than 2 hours of power per day at 43°C ambient temperature.
- Requires less than 6 hours of power after installation to reach safe storage temperature with 2-3 days of holdover.
- Grade A user-independent freeze protection.
Integrated Power Protection
- Integrated protection during voltage spikes and brown-outs.
- Internal voltage stabilizer allows compressor to use a wide range of voltage input.
- Integrated 30 DTR display shows temperature and alarm history.
- Holdover indicator allows users to proactively protect vaccines.
- Visual and audible alarms for temperature excursions or improperly closed door.
- Measures and records performance data to enable diagnosis of issues.
- Optional telemetry module enables remote temperature monitoring and alerting.
Smart Design, Durable Construction
- Upright and front-opening for user-friendly access.
- Compact form factor and lifting handles allow easy transport.
- Integrated plastic base prevents corrosion from wet floors.
- Condenser guards and rodent-proof grates protect components.
- More than 40 units were tested in Kenya, Nigeria, and Ethiopia for 3-6 months, all with remote monitoring.
- Units were installed in both urban settings and rural areas typically served by SDD units.
- 99% of reported temperatures were between 2-8°C:
- Temperature excursions were due to frequent or prolonged door openings and power outages of more than 7 days.
- Local users were alerted by holdover indicator ahead of outage-related excursions and were able to relocate vaccines.
- Units operating in Kenya with moderate ambient temperature averaged 45 minutes per day of compressor run time.
Field Performance Data
- Vaccine chamber temperature reached 2-8°C within 4 hours of installation.
- After 6 hours of power, unit has built up multiple days of holdover and continued to operate within spec despite multiple power outages over following days.
MetaFridge™ vaccine refrigeration and its enabling ColdSafe™ technology are developed by Global Good. ColdSafe consists of an ice reservoir coupled to a thermosyphon wrapped around the vaccine chamber, passively providing safe and stable storage temperatures, and multi-day holdover.